The Many Benefits of Pavaflex
- Application – Pavaflex woodfibre insulation slabs are flexible insulation batts that are easy to install between rafters, studs, and joists with added benefits.
- Nice to work with – Pavaflex woodfibre insulation doesn’t irritate the skin like some conventional insulation products on the market.
- Thermal protection in winter – Due to its low thermal conductivity of 0.038, PAVAFLEX prevents energy loss. Cosy heat stays in the house, the energy to heat a property is lowered and costs are noticeably reduced.
- High density – One of the biggest benefits of Pavaflex woodfibre insulation in comparison to similar between stud/joist/rafter insulations is its performance in summer as well as the winter thanks to its high thermal storage capacity. PAVAFLEX can store heat through the day and release it later in the cooler night-time hours. This helps to keep rooms pleasantly cool, especially on hot days.
- Breathable – Pavaflex is also highly vapour-permeable. Vapour can escape through the building fabric to the outside. Constructions with Pavaflex and woodfibre boards are more resistant to damage through trapped moisture as this is allowed to escape the construction through the vapour permeable materials.
- Sound protection – Thanks to its high specific weight and porous fibre structure PAVAFLEX insulation materials protect effectively against noise within your four walls. Interfering noise is kept outside and you can enjoy a quiet indoor atmosphere.
- Truly sustainable – Made from waste wood Pavaflex insulation promotes a responsible use of natural resources, low energy use and a positive CO2 balance. Thanks to the natural constituents, Pavaflex products at the end of life can be recycled, composted or even incinerated for energy production.
Why is Pavaflex woodfibre insulation so good at locking carbon throughout its lifecycle?
- Trees capture CO2 from the atmosphere and store it as carbon.
- Mature trees are harvested, their carbon is captured and stored in buildings and other wood products.
- More trees are planted than felled, and the size of the European forest carbon sink continues to grow.
- Using sustainably sourced wood instead of other materials saves CO2 emissions, both through the carbon captured and stored in the wood product and the avoidance of alternative CO2 intensive materials.
- One of the simplest ways to capture carbon and reduce CO2 in the atmosphere is by increasing the use of wood in construction.
- Product bulk density = ρ [kg/m³] – 50
- Thermal conductivity (EN 13171) = λᴰ [W/(mK)] – 0.038
- Specific heat capacity = (c) [J/(kg.K)] 2100
- Water vapour diffusion resistance coefficient = (μ) [-] 2
- Reaction to fire (EN 13501–1) = E
- Waste code according to The European Waste Catalogue (EWC) = 030105; 170201; 170604
- Edge profile = Straight
- Fixed – Friction fitted but can be fixed subject to application
- Storage – Store dry and protected from damage and only install when the product is dry. Pallets are not suitable to be stacked.
|Thickness [mm]||Weight [Kg/sqm]||Format [cm]||Packs per pallet||Batts per pack||Packs Covers [sqm]||Pallet Covers
|Pallet dim. [cm] [LxWxH]||Edge Profile|
|40||2.2||57.5 x 122||12||10||7.01||84.20||183||122 x 115 x 225||Flat|
|50||2.5||57.5 x 122||10||9||6.31||63.10||173||122 x 115 x 225||Flat|
|60||3.3||57.5 x 122||10||8||5.61||56.10||183||122 x 115 x 225||Flat|
|80*||4.4||57.5 x 122||10||6||4.21||42.10||183||122 x 115 x 255||Flat|
|100*||5.4||57.5 x 122||12||4||2.80||33.67||183||122 x 115 x 260||Flat|
|120||6.6||57.5 x 122||10||4||2.80||28.1||183||122 x 115 x 225||Flat|
|140||7.6||57.5 x 122||8||4||2.80||22.44||172||122 x 115 x 225||Flat|
|160||8.7||57.5 x 122||10||3||2.11||21.00||183||122 x 115 x 225||Flat|
|180||9.9||57.5 x 122||8||3||2.11||16.8||167||122 x 115 x 225||Flat|
|200||10.9||57.5 x 122||12||2||1.41||16.8||183||122 x 115 x 225||Flat|
|220||12.07||57.5 x 122||10||2||14.1||14.0||169||122 x 115 x 225||Flat|
|Pallet dim.[cm] [LxWxH]||Edge
|50||2.5||37.5 x 122||15||9||4.12||61.76||154.4||122 x 115 x 225||Flat|
|80||4.4||37.5 x 122||15||6||2.75||41.18||164.72||122 x 115 x 250||Flat|
|100*||5.4||37.5 x 122||18||4||1.83||32.94||164.7||122 x 115 x 260||Flat|
|140||7.6||37.5 x 122||15||4||1.83||27.45||192.15||122 x 115 x 225||Flat|
*We want to avoid shipping empty space but some pallets are too tall and requires the top layer to be removed when shipping on pallet delivery service. This doesn’t effect full articulated lorry deliveries. Please contact our sales office for an accurate quotation before ordering.